Menu
XEyedBear
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sending large files via email

I need to send a number of emails with file attachments that are large (> 200 MB) to a contact in another country where access to services like DropBox, and similar, is not permitted. Currently I use 7-zip to break the file into 20 MB pieces and send each piece as a single attachment. The recipient then re-assembles the whole file.

This is a very laborious process (about 10 emails per file and many files to send). Is there an easy way to create a 'batch' of emails, or automate the process in some other way ?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending large files via email

most emails will not even accept emails that large.
you might be able to find a cheap web host or hosting service that you can use that is accessable from there.

Or maybe try some kind of p2p transfer. Maybe even a webserver on your pc they can download it directly from you
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending large files via email

Create a script to split the large file using 7z, then iterate over the list of split files and use Thunderbird's command line options to compose the emails automatically.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos