cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails locked on ntlworld account

Monkeezgob
Tuning in

Hello, hoping someone can help. I can sign into my ntlworld email account, but when I try to send a message it says sending emails is locked on this account. I've tried resetting my password several times and this hasn't unlocked it. Can someone help, please? Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @harveydixon4

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for joining in the discussion regarding this email issue, I'm sorry to hear your sending mailbox is locked. I shall send you a private message now so that I can assist further with this. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena

Having raised a ticket with support a few days ago i did eventually get a response from Virgin Media's technical team. 

Turns out my email account had been locked due to suspicious activity. A few weeks ago my account was hacked and i noticed various new email accounts had been created so i presume they had also been used to send spam emails out. 

They were able to unlock my account and my emails are now working again. 

It took far longer than it should have considering it was such a simple fix, however glad it's now sorted. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting your update harveydixon4,

I'm glad that is now sorted for you.

If you do face any further issues then give us a contact and we'll advise further.

Take care,

Kain