cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails locked on ntlworld account

Monkeezgob
Tuning in

Hello, hoping someone can help. I can sign into my ntlworld email account, but when I try to send a message it says sending emails is locked on this account. I've tried resetting my password several times and this hasn't unlocked it. Can someone help, please? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Seen similar certificate revocation issues before but before they could be investigated further they seemed to resolve themselves.; hopefully that will be case here by tomorrow.

Is the webmail issue occurring for the main email address or for one that has been added?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this message appear in webmail or other email client?

Are you able to provide a redacted screenshot?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

In my virgin webmail client, it says the sending outbox is locked, if I try from a third-party client I get various messages, but all essentially say they're unable to sync to stmp server. As I said, I've tried changing my password, but that does nothing to solve the issue. I can log into email and I get receive messages, but can't send anything, it was all working fine until about four days ago.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The webmail issue is not one I have read of before so will leave that to one side for the moment.

It would be helpful to see what, if any, error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

Is this helpful?

screen3.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Seen similar certificate revocation issues before but before they could be investigated further they seemed to resolve themselves.; hopefully that will be case here by tomorrow.

Is the webmail issue occurring for the main email address or for one that has been added?

For the main one.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team are best placed to investigate the issue with webmail further; be aware it may take them a few hours / days to respond.

Thanks anyway, at least I think I've some idea of what the issue is now.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Monkeezgob

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the your email. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can take a further look into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M