Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 61 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending emails is OK during the day but stops at night?

The Echo certainly doesn't - I was wondering about the CCTV though as some systems do support email notifications.

@Jen_A - are you able to confirm what time the attempts for that evening stopped.  If they went on after 12:30am  Then that would put the final nail in the coffin for Outlook.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
andymanu
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm up a bit late and just decided to send a test message; of course it did not send and the usual error came up continually asking me for my credentials etc.

The Outlook account repair tool did not work - I'd not tried it for a while. Interestingly I had already this morning cancelled all send and receive operations for the day and could only send and receive by manually pressing the send and receive button. Although I had plenty of received emails I only sent one today and that was successful first time.

I am leaving the email in my outbox and leaving Outlook on overnight with an hourly send and receive schedule to see when it actually goes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 63 of 97
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68

Hi Tim,

The Echo certainly doesn't - I was wondering about the CCTV though as some systems do support email notifications.

@Jen_A - are you able to confirm what time the attempts for that evening stopped.  If they went on after 12:30am  Then that would put the final nail in the coffin for Outlook.

Tim

I'm not able to identify that sorry. Our SSH protocol has been updated and I'm only able to identify current log data (less than 24 hours old).

andymanu - would you please switch off Outlook (totally exit, not just close. I'm not sure if that's enough tbh, you may need to uninstall?) tomorrow (Wednesday 9th) as I'm off work that day but can check the log data on Thursday? Let me know what time you do this so I can cross-reference.

Thanks 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

andymanu
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen.

Yes I will totally exit; I take it you mean Wednesday late on say just before 12.00am and into Thursday morning and not early tonight and into early Wednesday morning?
I know what you mean about shutting down completely as I have the OfficeClickToRun.exe running all the time and it is persistent even when I stop it in services ; I suppose I could block it running in Kaspersky for a period?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 65 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thank you for doing that.

The logs indicate the exact same performance as previous:

From just after midnight on the 9th to 04:59:09.

From just before midnight on the 9th to 04:59:03 on the 10th.

Inspection of your connection indicates a number of connected devices. Any of these could have the potential to exploit and I think it's important we take them all out of the equation.

Would you please, just before midnight tonight, disconnect them all? Everything except your pc. And I mean everything that is connected to your home network:

• Laptops
  • Androids
  • IOS devices
  • Tablets
  • Powerline adaptors
  • Routers
  • Wireless doorbells
  • Printers etc

I'll check the logs tomorrow and we'll take it from there 🙂

One other thing I should mention - as we're trying to eliminate any suspects here I have ordered a replacement for your older Hub model. You should get a Hub3 early next week (the activation instructions will be included). 
When you have it set up please let me know so I can see if there's any change in the logs.

TIA for your continued cooperation 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 66 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Let me know when you've managed to disconnect everything. Thanks 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
andymanu
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry Jen, but I have been away for a few says, so missed your message to turn everything off on Thursday.

Can I suggest that I do this on Sunday, just before midnight, and you can perhaps check the log on Monday?

I will turn off my wifi which will disconnect: Echo, 2 x Phones, TV, Video Doorbell, 2 x Firesticks. That just leaves the CCTV system will is wired, so I will manually switch the whole thing off.

I have had notice my VM Hub 3 is being delivered today thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 68 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Yes that will be ideal 🙂 I'll set a reminder to check the logs on Monday morning.

Thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 69 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Can I suggest that he leaves the CCTV on - but turns everything else off?

Just a thought

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Highlighted
andymanu
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Slightly late, but just switching everything off as planned except the wired CCTV.