Menu
Christina_S
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sending emails from ntlworld problem

I have an ntlworld.com email address that I've used for years. I am no longer with Virgin and I don't have Broadband so I use my mobile as a hot spot and send over 3G/4G. I use Microsoft Outlook.

My mobile is fine and there's no internet problem with my provider. So the problem of my emails not sending immediately must surely be something to do with Virgin? I keep getting a pop-up box asking for the password which is already there and is the same password I've always had so it's fine.

Even if I switch everything off and reboot it still doesn't usually work. I just have to put up with it and wait until it suddenly decides to send. Not ideal in a work environment!

In can see that this issue has come up before but, to be honest, I don't understand the responses so I'm really hoping someone can navigate me through this problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending emails from ntlworld problem

Hello

I am afraid as you are no longer have a VM broadband account the only thing that support can do is too delete the email address as to be able to use a VM email address you have to be an account holder. Normally email addresses will be deleted 90 days after the Broadband account is closed although some hang  around for longer.

The deletion is more than likely going through which is why you are having problems, you basically have an orphaned email address see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Christina_S
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response.

The thing is I had this ntlworld account when ntlworld existed and I was with them. Then Virgin bought them out so I just got carried with it. So I didn't acquire the address from VM, I had ages before.

Also I've never had any email from them saying it's an orphaned account which, according to the link you sent me, means I'm ok. This sending problem isn't unique. I've had it before several times over the years. It's just that this time it seems to be lasting longer. Emails are coming in ok, just not always sending right away.

If there's actually no technical solution to this (which, of course, there must be) then that's a real pity.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Without being a VM customer then I am afraid there is no support the only option that VM support have with email addresses not attached to an active account is too delete them, yes I understand that the email address was before VM took over, I was with them then and the T&C were the same.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Christina_S
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok Mike, got you. Many thanks.
0 Kudos