Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sending email problem

Email won’t send from iPad and iPhone, (BUT WILL SEND when logged into mail2 via Virginmedia website!??)

Get this error message 

‘Cannot send mail. The username and password for “SMTP:*****.***@ntlworld.com@smtp.virginmedia.com” is incorrect 

Have tried these resolutions from this help page, change password, change ntlworld to virginmedia for incoming and outgoing servers.

Have phoned the helpline, they also tried the above fixes, plus other fixes.

NOTHING HAS WORKED 

it means lots of facilities from my iPhone/iPad aren’t usable eg emailing a photo, or emailing a page from ‘notes’.

I have looked on this forum and someone in the past has had a problem of being blacklisted from the smtp servers. What is this and why would Virginmedia do this?

Is it an issue that can be resolved please because this is Day 3 now (started Friday am) and frankly am fed up that no fixes are working!!

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending email problem

Ebbysmum
There is an fault on the VM network affecting emails, they can not give us a fix by date or state exactly what the problem is.....Some users say that they have not had any emails from the 8th June.
Hopefully someone from VM will pick this up here and give you a few things to try, but its most likely the same problem we are all having at the moment....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi , thank you for replying.

Well that’s just brilliant isn’t it! We are paying top dollar for a “state of the art” service , and 

Virginmedia cannot fix the problem they have created!

Suggest they go back to what they were doing before the update that caused the issue! Grr ........

Lets hope Virginmedia get the message, I shall be ringing again in the morning if it’s not fixed.

and if necessary I shall ring every day .......... we should all do the same .......

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been calling every other day for the last week.
That overseas call centre is frustrating......Each time I called up I was getting a new story about what the problem was....I give up, there was enough frustration with not having email for 10 days, the call centre was adding to the frustration.....Hopefully it will be back up soon.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Ebbysmum, similar issue was recent posted here. Can you check:

• Settings
  • Password & Accounts
  • under Accounts, select the relevant account
  • under IMAP select the relevant account
  • under Outgoing Mail Server, select SMTP
  • under Primary Server, select the SMTP server
  • under Outgoing Mail Server confirm the Username is correctly entered
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been asked to also contact the VM mod team, you can send them a private message here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/548400

Send them as much detail about your problem as possible, the email address, error codes, when the problem started etc

This is what they sent to me

"If you have not already done so you should send the forum team the info requested in message 73 of this thread.  Your issue is account specific and will need individual attention.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/SORRY-Your-mailbox-is-not-available-at-the-moment/td-p/40...

There may also be problems with specific accounts

Cheers

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒 wrote:

@Ebbysmum, similar issue was recent posted here. Can you check:

• Settings
  • Password & Accounts
  • under Accounts, select the relevant account

The similar issue mentioned has solved, read more here Re: Emails not sending from mobiles

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can’t send email

Getting an error message when I send email from iPad and iPhone

”Cannot send mail. The user name and password for ‘SMTP : *****.***@ntlworld.com@smtp.virginmedia.com’ is incorrect

same problem as 3 weeks ago. I have filled out 2 online complaint forms but no response from Virginmedia 

This has been a problem for 3 days now 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t send email

Hi Ebbysmum,

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with this. You've advised in this particular instance that you've been having problems for the past 3 days, so had the initial problem cleared up for you?

Are you still able to log into your emails via the website? Webmail

Have you been able to try removing the email account from your device and re-added it? Email Client

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos