Can anyone help please, Ive change the password daily but its still locked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dave_Home

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues accessing your emails at this time. Can you confirm that you have reset the password to one that you have NEVER used before for that email address? You will also then need to wait wait at 30 minutes before trying it - it is very important that you do this or the mailbox will not unlock. 

If you can also perform full virus checks on all of your devices on which you've used the affected email address and check/remove any unknown third party apps from those devices to prevent from being locked again. Failure to do so may cause your mailbox to be locked once again soon after.
Let me know if you have tried and check all this and if you are still unable to gain access. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dave_Home wrote:

Ive change the password daily but its still locked

It may seem pedantic, but you do say specifically "Sending" email, so just to clarify, does that mean the problem is:

• that you cannot send emails but you can receive them?
  • or is it that the email account itself is locked and you are getting the "Your mailbox is unavailable" error message when you try to sign in?

Can you give a bit more explanation of exactly what the problem is including any error messages you are getting?

Also, can you confirm that you have a Virgin Media broadband account?

Sorry to answer your question with a series of questions but we cannot see what you can see, we can only go by what you post. At the moment there really is not enough information for anyone to know what to suggest.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry for my late reply,

Ive been on the phone to Support, but its not helped at all after changing  my password.

The error Im getting when sending email is

(421 - 421 4.1.0 SMTP417 Sending mailbox *****************@***************** is locked. ;id=UyeGnmKMWl7D144444W;sid=UyeGn5555Wl7D1;mta=smtp3.tb;d=20220317;t=233112[CET];ipsrc=172.25.159.141;

Looks like ive been spamming the world, Ive also checked my system for virus.

Really hoping someone can help (ive also changed some letters in the error above)

Thanks

Save

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dave_Home

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues accessing your emails at this time. Can you confirm that you have reset the password to one that you have NEVER used before for that email address? You will also then need to wait wait at 30 minutes before trying it - it is very important that you do this or the mailbox will not unlock. 

If you can also perform full virus checks on all of your devices on which you've used the affected email address and check/remove any unknown third party apps from those devices to prevent from being locked again. Failure to do so may cause your mailbox to be locked once again soon after.
Let me know if you have tried and check all this and if you are still unable to gain access. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes I've done all what was said even after checking drives I went and have disconnected them. 

Dave

Hi @Dave_Home

Thanks for the reply!

After trying all of the above, please do keep us updated with how you're getting on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you to all that repied.

I can now send e-mails again.

You were all great. Thank you

Thanks for coming back to us @Dave_Home and I'm glad to hear that your email issues have now been resolved.

Please let us know here, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Looks like I'm lock out again from sending emails 2 phones and PC telling me I need to change password but it won't let me but email coming in is fine

• Any help please
  •  

Hi @Dave_Home,

I am so sorry to hear that you're struggling to access your email account again.

What problems are you facing when you attempt to reset the password to the account? To confirm, are you attempting to make the password adjustment directly via our webmail service on our website and not through a third party app or mail client?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!