cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send/Receive error Outlook 365 (IMAP)

fuego
On our wavelength

My wife's email (an additional account, I am the primary account) has failed to receive or able to send any emails since logging on this morning, It was perfectly fine till that point. The details are:

Outlook 365. Windows 10, - the message says send/receive authentication error and error code is 0x800ccc0e. I have checked that the authentication boxes are ticked under settings but I suspect this is a password issue except it is the same password, I have tried reentering details to no avail.

Fix greatly appreciated as she is desperate. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fuego  Try resetting the password for the secondary account.  The process to do this has changed.  Your wife will need to sign into her My Virgin Media account with the Secondary email address and current password.  Click on Update settings and then account details and then edit to the right of the password field.

Unfortunately VM have removed the option for the primary account holder to change secondary account passwords.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fuego  Try resetting the password for the secondary account.  The process to do this has changed.  Your wife will need to sign into her My Virgin Media account with the Secondary email address and current password.  Click on Update settings and then account details and then edit to the right of the password field.

Unfortunately VM have removed the option for the primary account holder to change secondary account passwords.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi fuego,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with an email account

Have you been able to follow the advice from Graham_A ?

Let us know if you're still needing help with this.

Alex_Rm

fuego
On our wavelength

That's great. I suspected it might be that but was totally baffled when I couldn't do it from my primary account. I will try that later...fingers crossed!

fuego
On our wavelength

I'm going to try this tonight. Does she actually need to have/create a Virgin Media account or can she just sign into it using her current email credentials? Thanks

Hi @fuego, thanks a lot for your reply.

If your wife selects the Email option on our website, she should be able to sign in with her email details this way and get her password reset.

Have you been able to get this sorted since your post yesterday? Please keep us updated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

fuego
On our wavelength

It worked! Great thanks so much - wide is dancing on the ceiling 😂

fuego
On our wavelength

I have thanks, Just recognition VM has changed the set permissions in primary/secondary accounts.