cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email password

Broady4
Joining in

Daughter can’t remember password and only have option to delete in account settings. Have tried resetting through forgotten password but that’s failing too. Help!

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do not delete the account.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Broady4 wrote:

Daughter can’t remember password and only have option to delete in account settings.

As you have seen, Virgin Media no longer allow you to reset the password for Secondary email accounts via the Primary My Virgin Media account.

For future reference, Virgin Media now require you to reset  Secondary email account passwords using the My Virgin Media account for the Secondary email account. You use the same link as the one you use to access your primary My Virgin Media account ( https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media ) but enter the email address and current password of the affected Secondary email account. Once there you can reset the password for that account on the Account details page.

Of course if you don't know the existing password you are stumped but VM then recommend using the Forgotten Password option which in your case has failed for some reason.

I see that @用心棒 has already escalated this for you so the Forum Team should be able to get this resolved for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Broady4,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your daughter is having some issues resetting the password for the secondary email account. 

I can certainly help with this providing you are the account holder. 

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Broady4,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear your Daughter has now changed her password and has access to her Emails, if you need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Regards

Paul.