cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email password reset

Jethro
Joining in

I am having problems resetting the password of a secondary email address.

I have tried Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin

...but my answer to the security question was not accepted. I have called 150 and gotten through to a call centre, but they have no access to secondary email addresses.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. All suggestiosn gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jethro,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issue you've had resetting the password for that email address.

I am more than happy to help with getting this resolved for you. 

I will private message you so I can confirm some details. 

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I find the “cannot reset secondary account password” excuse unbelievable.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are nest placed to help further; be aware that it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jethro,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issue you've had resetting the password for that email address.

I am more than happy to help with getting this resolved for you. 

I will private message you so I can confirm some details. 

^Martin

After I supplied security details, Martin set up a new password for me. I am very grateful.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with me over Private Message Jethro. 

I'm glad we were able to reset that for you. 

^Martin

Hi Martin.
I have the same problem with a number of Secondary email addresses.
Could you please contact me to try to resolve the issue.

Thanks in anticipation.
Jon...

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kitch88,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with resetting your secondary email password on your online account!

Have you been able to check if you're able to reset the passwords from your online account? You can take a look at our Login Problems page for more information about how to do this.

If this issue continues after this, please let us know and I'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I too am having the same secondary account password reset issues. Do not understand why we were kicked out of the account in the first place as there were no viruses or malware on our device even though virgin said there was. Need help as my partner is getting annoyed at not getting her emails.

V6 1TB x3 Panasonic TX-75HX940B Panasonic Soundbar.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lwest3407

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your email issue.

What is the exact error message you get when trying to reset the password for the secondary account?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis_M

I am still having problems.
We used to be able to reset passwords for all secondary email accounts on the Virgin Media website.

This tab / option is no longer there for secondary email accounts.
The only option we have now is to Delete a secondary email account or to add a new address.

I need to be able to Manage my Account passwords for my existing secondary email addresses.

Please can you HELP !!

Thanks in anticipation...
JON.