cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email address locked out, please help

popicorn
Tuning in

Hi ,since yesterday afternoon I can’t access my secondary email address.

I phoned the help centre but they can only look at my primary email address.  They could not reset my secondary email. 

I’m concerned that my email address has been compromised and I can’t get into it to find out. The reset option is saying my security answers are incorrect  ( DOB , place of Birth )

I get this message: You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account. 

I have reported it and given a fault reference but was told it may be days rather than hours.

Can anyone help please?

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Popicorn 👋 sorry to hear about these issues with your secondary email account! 

Just ahead of sending a PM to confirm a few account details and offer some support with this, it would be really useful to know if:

1) You have security answers set up on your primary email account. 

2) If you have tried resetting the password and security questions on your primary account, along with completing an anti-virus scan on all devices linked to the account. 

3) If the fault reference you were advised was a type of IT ticket? (If so, sadly we may be a little limited with what further support we can provide to escalate the process if a ticket has already been raised.)

You should be able to manage your secondary accounts via the primary account, however we will be here to help investigate and offer further support with this if needed. Just let us know about these questions! We can send you a PM to confirm a few account details along with the email in question so we can offer more help. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Molly , 

i used the online chat last night and someone has been in touch with me this morning and reset the password.

ive now been able  to access my mail and have  reset the security settings  again. 

There was an email saying that some unknown device had tried  to access their site and they had locked it out ,thankfully.

yes i did have security questions on the primary account but despite entering the correct answer it was saying it was incorrect..

No, the only thing you can do with a secondary account is delete it.

thanks for getting back to me .

Hey @popicorn 👋,

Thanks so much for the update!

Glad to hear all is sorted but if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

Have a lovely day! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs