cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Mailbox Unavailable

stuu3270
Tuning in

For some reason, this afternoon the mailbox for the secondary account has become unavailable.

Nothing has been changed, username and password not changed, just email now not working.

Email appears to be the only thing I cannot find a support option for.

Primary mailbox is still good, it's just the secondary.

Live chat was just a bot and no help at all.

Help?

Thanks

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi stuu3270,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to access one of the secondary email accounts you have with us, I'll be more than happy to help look into this for you. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and clear security 🙂

Thanks

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stuu3270 I know that this will sound like a cliche, but try changing the password for the secondary account concerned.  It has worked for others posting with similar issues.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. I changed the password for the secondary log in (which I assume is also the same for the mailbox).

I'll go in via the route you suggest and see if that helps.

Thank you.

Didn't work.

Hi stuu3270,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to access one of the secondary email accounts you have with us, I'll be more than happy to help look into this for you. I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and clear security 🙂

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Thank you.

Hi stuu3270,

Thanks for chatting with me over PM, glad to hear you're now able to access your mailbox.

In answer to your question about what caused the account to be locked out: this happens as a security measure when the account is flagged for spam activity - but can also be triggered by legitimate activity from time to time. 

If you have any concerns, we would advise to reset the mailbox password to ensure that the account is secure. To go the extra step, you can also reset your security questions and answers on the account.

Let us know if you need help with anything else!

Beth

Beth

Reporting on this forum is the best way?

You're more than welcome to contact us from here if you ever have any further problems with your email or anything else. 

The forum is best suited for more complex and technical related issues, however should you require immediate assistance, we recommend calling us instead on 0345 454 1111 / 150.

Regards

Beth

Beth