cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Email mailbox deleted?

d_churchill
Joining in

Hi, 

My wife's email account became inaccessible whilst on holiday. She has a secondary account related to my primary account. We are still virgin media customers. 

When she logs into the webmail portal it said: "You haven't set up your Virgin Media Mail yet." however she has been using this email account for years, this is a new issue and even with passwords changes this hasn't been resolved. 

She used to access her email on her phone and laptop via outlook, but now can do neither. 

Please can we get some help or support.

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@d_churchill 

When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary account username and password and go to the My Profile > Manage Accounts tab does the secondary account concerned show in the list of secondary accounts?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A - Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes she still shows up under my primary account as a Secondary account.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case have you tried changing the password for the secondary account via your My Virgin Media account?  This should unlock your wife's email account.

If it doesn't then post back here and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to investigate the issue further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham_A,

Thanks for the advice - Unfortunately this hasn't worked.

I've changed the password for the secondary account - using the primary account. When using this new password to access the secondary account my wife still cannot access her emails. 

Her secondary account is still insistent that she needs to setup her mailbox, which had previously existed for a number of years!

BUMP

Apologies, but my wife needs access to this rather urgently - so would appreciate one of the VM Forum Team messaging me to investigate ASAP.

Thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello d_churchill

Sorry to hear about the above 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L