cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Account Help

arbaxter
Joining in

Hello

I have a blueyonder email address that is my main email address that I have had for a very long time. It was set up as a secondary account to my parents VM account who have been VM customers for a very long time.

When  I got my own home I became a VM customer and still an a customer albeit I had to use a different email address (gmail).

My questions is if my parent close their account with you will I lose my blueyonder email account? If so how can this be avoided as this email address is very important to me. Can it be removed from my parents account and added to my own VM account?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@arbaxter  Welcome to the Community.

I'm afraid that this will not be answer that you were hoping for.

If your parents close their VM broadband account then all emails associated with the account will be closed down after 90 days, including your blueyonder address.  There is no way to avoid this from happening.  Individual email addresses cannot be moved from one Virgin Media account to another.

You should prepare for this eventuality by making sure that you have offline copies of any blueyonder emails that you need to keep and by moving all your contacts away from the blueyonder account to your gmail address or another independent email address that you may have or chose to set up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

@arbaxter wrote:

Hello

I have a blueyonder email address that is my main email address that I have had for a very long time. It was set up as a secondary account to my parents VM account who have been VM customers for a very long time.

When  I got my own home I became a VM customer and still an a customer albeit I had to use a different email address (gmail).

My questions is if my parent close their account with you will I lose my blueyonder email account? If so how can this be avoided as this email address is very important to me. Can it be removed from my parents account and added to my own VM account?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

I am afraid to say that the answers to your questions are;

YES you will absolutely lose the blueyonder email address once and if your parent closes their VM broadband account and

NO it can't be disassociated from one account and added to another.

What I would suggest is that you start going through all the contacts using the BY email address and inform them of your new one, while you still have full access to it.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@arbaxter  Welcome to the Community.

I'm afraid that this will not be answer that you were hoping for.

If your parents close their VM broadband account then all emails associated with the account will be closed down after 90 days, including your blueyonder address.  There is no way to avoid this from happening.  Individual email addresses cannot be moved from one Virgin Media account to another.

You should prepare for this eventuality by making sure that you have offline copies of any blueyonder emails that you need to keep and by moving all your contacts away from the blueyonder account to your gmail address or another independent email address that you may have or chose to set up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That’s annoying but completely understand.

Will start the painful process of changing email!

thanks for the prompt responses

Andrew