cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second email address not available

l-scrawley
Tuning in

Hi we have two virgin email addresses and while the first (main) address is available to send and receive, the second is not available for either. When I log on to email through the virginmedia.com website I cannot find the second email address so cannot reset the password.

The error message that I get when trying to send emails is "Trying to log in to this account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct".

They are both correct.

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @l-scrawley,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your email!

Can you tell me if this email is an NTLworld.com email or another type?

Are you able to reset the password using the "Forgotten Password" option to see if this can let you access the mailbox? If you try to reset the password, please try to change it to something completely new, and wait for at least 10 minutes before trying to access your mailbox again.

What error message do you receive when you try to log into your mailbox?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Both email addresses are virginemdia.com email addresses.

I am able to log in to the mailbox for the main email address (the first one that was set up). When I do so I do not see any emails addressed to the second email address.

I cannot see anyway where i can log in to the second email address. 

I will try resetting the email password for the second account. I will wait and then try and access email from that account.

Regards

Luke

The error message when I try to download the email from the account is

"Unable to verify account name or password"

Hi l-scrawley

Thanks for coming back to us. 

No worries, I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill