cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or not?

garjay
On our wavelength

We have noticed that your Virgin Media email address is due for verification to ensure the continued security of your account. To maintain uninterrupted service, please verify your email address and re-login using the button below.

Please note that you will be required to enter your Virgin Media username and password to complete the verification process.

[removed]

JJust received this email that looks like it could be a phishing scam. No logos for virgin in the email so have not responded. Can anyone help please. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

Yea, a Scam..

I get them from time to time.  I recevied this one too.

Fun Fact - I have 11 email addresses with VM (Ntlworld) and ONLY the one attached to account management gets these phishing emails (Two are spam-trap emails so they should get hit....).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The dodgy URL included in your post confirms this is a scam.

It is often possible to match the text of scam emails with the examples given in the sticky-posts at the top of the 'Security Matters' forum in 'Latest Phishing News' (haven't confirmed for your example text though).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@garjay wrote:

No logos for virgin in the email so have not responded.

Very much a scam as @goslow  has said.

Important to remember though that it is easy enough for scammers to add the Virgin logo into their emails to try to fool people into believing their scam emails are genuine. So never assume an email with authenticate looking logos is genuine - that applies to all organisations not just Virgin Media.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMCopperUser
Wise owl

Yea, a Scam..

I get them from time to time.  I recevied this one too.

Fun Fact - I have 11 email addresses with VM (Ntlworld) and ONLY the one attached to account management gets these phishing emails (Two are spam-trap emails so they should get hit....).

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.