cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP server unavailable

louij2
Superfast

AD2B8754-AFAA-4A8F-8EB9-A4A6E8963EE2.jpeg

Having issues sending mail. Checked the email settings and password and all is correct but unable to send but can receive mail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

to fix my issue on my iPhone I had to delete account and then add my blue yonder account again. 

the IMAP & SMTP settings are pointing at imap4.blueyonder.co.uk smtp.blueyonder.co.uk and this is the only mail server I can get it to work with. The instructions on your website don’t resolve my issue. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the issue next happens consider trying the following troubleshooting:

Should you only be listed in the PBL then can you confirm you are able to sign into webmail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My home router Virgin IP is listed in XBL as it appears in CBL lookup but I get the same issue when on data or home wifi or someone elses wifi

HI louij2, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with this. Have you managed to get this resolved or still having issues with this, did you check this on spamhous - https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/ ^Chris

Yes I am still having issues this has never been resolved. I will just have to stop using your useless email service cos it's terrible. I already reported that I am not spam and nothing happened...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry this is still happening Louij2,

Have you been able to send or receive emails from a different WebClient? Or from a different device?

Zoie

Hi

yes the web client works fine it’s just any and every email client it refuses to work with. 

Thanks for your reply, louij2,

As you have confirmed the service is working on the webmail service. Can you clarify if this is happening on one device in particular or other devices? If it is happening only on the one device regardless of the app or email client used, then, is that device using a firewall or antivirus or any other service that monitors your device connections?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi

to fix my issue on my iPhone I had to delete account and then add my blue yonder account again. 

the IMAP & SMTP settings are pointing at imap4.blueyonder.co.uk smtp.blueyonder.co.uk and this is the only mail server I can get it to work with. The instructions on your website don’t resolve my issue. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

thank you for your reply Louij2, and thank you for sharing the resolution to our community 🙂 

Zoie