cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retirement of NTLworld email addresses

ahmurray
On our wavelength

Hi all,

One of the email addresses on our account has been problematic recently and we've lost access a couple of times.  We called tech support and they've reset it each time, but just now the VM lady said that NTLWorld email addresses were being retired and this was why, and we needed to migrate any important emails over immediately.  I questioned this as it's the first I've heard of it, she said an email was sent out last April to notify customers.  

We are still active customers but both still use ntlworld addresses simply because as long standing customers we had so many accounts set up using them it was always going to be a massive headache to change.  I need access to the account for password resets if I forget my password for websites.

I'm aware that Virgin Media are archiving orphaned ntlworld accounts and also that there have been problems with accessing mailboxes recently, which is all fine.  But I can't believe they are actively retiring all ntlworld email addresses, even for current customers, which is what the VM rep told me tonight?

If this happened surely we'd get months of notice and frequent reminders, not just a single email that neither of us saw?  It's going to cause me chaos if I can't verify my identity using that account that I've registered on hundreds of websites over many years.

I've googled this trying to find out more and can't see any reference to it happening, so I'm increasingly convinced that I've been misinformed (which I'd actually prefer to it being true!)

Can anyone in the know confirm either way what is going on please?

30 REPLIES 30

Hi anantadas,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Email has possibly been hacked and that now you cannot log in, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.