cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining ntlworld email address

Lennox1
Tuning in

I closed my previous Virgin media account early Dec and my family and I had ntlworld.com email addresses attached to it, which remain active for 90 days after closing

I have just opened a new Virgin media account at new address after a gap, so we are still within the 90 days and I am wondering if there is some way of continuing to use the old email addresses after the 90 days is up

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lennox1 wrote:

I closed my previous Virgin media account early Dec..................

..........I have just opened a new Virgin media account at new address after a gap, so we are still within the 90 days

There is a way to keep those old addresses.

Virgin Media refer to it as a "Move and Transfer". That would / should result in all the existing email addresses from your old VM broadband account being moved over to your new one. If the old and the new Virgin Media accounts are both in your, or at least the same, name that should be do-able.

The only thing is that any new email addresses that you have set up on you new account will disappear and be replaced by your old ones. 

You say you closed the account "early December" so there is still time but just to be safe, I have escalated your post to the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum). One of them will contact you via this thread and arrange to take your details using the forum's Private Message (PM) facility. They can check things out and if all goes well they can arrange for the move to be made.

I hope that goes well.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Lennox1

Thanks for your post 

Providing the Email account has not been closed already we can look at transferring it across 

I would need to pass security on both accounts

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

• Thank you very much for your advice it's being looked into now 😊

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lennox1

Thank you very much for those account details 

Just to make you aware

The Former  Email address has been transferred across okay 

It can take 24 hours to activate though 

If you can try logging in with the same username, But change the password