Menu
swd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Resurrecting old virgin.net addresses

I have an old virgin.net email address which appears in my "Manage Accounts" list.

It hasn't been used for a very long time but I tried sending an email to it and quite predictably it was returned. 

Is there any way of resurrecting such an email address?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resurrecting old virgin.net addresses

email addresses must be logged into every 90 days or they get deleted. VM staff might be able to set it up again but the content that was in it will be gone

0 Kudos
swd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apcyberax, thanks for your response. It very likely has been deleted as you suggest but would be interested to know if there is any possibility of setting it up again. Losing any content wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

not sure if it can you'll have to wait for staff here t respond in a few days.

normally for Data protection reasons once an email address has been used and removed it can never be registered again. That's to stop someone registering someone's old address and getting access to anything still registered with the email.

as this was yours i'm not sure if they will be abl to override that system.

Highlighted
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did the Move & Transfer take place successfully as suggested in this thread from April?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-many-virgin-net-accounts-can-be-linked-to-current-VM/...

I just hope this helps the Forum Team to get all the facts they need for checking your virgin.net address and mailbox and getting it active again!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
swd
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

MissPasko, yes the move /transfer was completed with Ben's help. I now use my longstanding virgin.net address to log in and this still functions normally.. 

I am now enquiring about a different v.net address which is clearly redundant but still appears in "Manage Accounts" list.

Thanks, swd.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi swd,

Thank you for your post. We would like to have a further look into things to see if there is anything we can assist with. This will require a private message to confirm some security details/questions, I will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

swd
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have had some great assistance from Louis_R with my quest to reactivate a very old email address which hasn't been used for many years. 

Regrettably, it is so old, probably early noughties and likely not used since then either, that it won't be possible to bring it back to life.

However I would still like to thank Louis for all his help which was thorough and in a very timely manner.

Thanks to everyone else who contributed.

swd