cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restored email folder permissions

MikeBill44
Tuning in

Since the email outage and restoration, I can no longer rename, move or delete folders.  Is there a permissions problem?  I can create new folders OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MikeBill44 wrote:

When I try to delete a folder that I have created I get "Could not delete folder. This can be due to insufficient permissions in your trash folder or this might be a special folder that cannot be deleted.

" Error - Rename of folder "Bella/Crufts" to "Bella/Crufts vol" failed with "A6 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: Bella/Crufts (0.010 + 0.000 + 0.009 secs)."."

Thanks for that extra information.

Try this tip/workaround recently posted by @用心棒 to a poster reporting the same errors. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-folders 

If that helps you could consider giving kudos to that post from 用心棒.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MikeBill44 wrote:

Since the email outage and restoration, I can no longer rename, move or delete folders.  Is there a permissions problem?  I can create new folders OK.

There have been a number of posts on here from people who report that since the outage they are unable to Reply, Reply All, Forward or Delete emails in Webmail. They get a no entry sign when they click on those options. It does not seem to be an issue for everyone and I understand that VM still seem to be investigating it.

However, until now I have not seen any reports from people saying they are having similar issues with their folders but It could be a related issue.

Just to add that it has never been possible to rename, move or delete the standard VM folders (Inbox, Drafts, Spam or Trash). You can only add and amend sub folders to those. But I'm sure you know that. 😉

I think this will need to be checked out by VM and the Forum Team (VM staff) should be able to arrange that for you, provided that you are a VM broadband customer.

To help clarify for them - what happens when you click on one of the folders in your My Folders list?

rename folders.png

1) Do you see that drop down menu as above?

2) What happens when you click on, say for example, "Rename"? What, if any, error message or symbol comes up?

One of the Forum Team will contact you via this thread hopefully today but possibly tomorrow.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

When I try to delete a folder that I have created I get "Could not delete folder. This can be due to insufficient permissions in your trash folder or this might be a special folder that cannot be deleted."

When I try to rename a folder I get " Error - Rename of folder "Bella/Crufts" to "Bella/Crufts vol" failed with "A6 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: Bella/Crufts (0.010 + 0.000 + 0.009 secs)."."

Hope this helps!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MikeBill44 wrote:

When I try to delete a folder that I have created I get "Could not delete folder. This can be due to insufficient permissions in your trash folder or this might be a special folder that cannot be deleted.

" Error - Rename of folder "Bella/Crufts" to "Bella/Crufts vol" failed with "A6 NO [NONEXISTENT] Mailbox doesn't exist: Bella/Crufts (0.010 + 0.000 + 0.009 secs)."."

Thanks for that extra information.

Try this tip/workaround recently posted by @用心棒 to a poster reporting the same errors. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-folders 

If that helps you could consider giving kudos to that post from 用心棒.

Coenoby

Strangely, that works fine!  Clearly, adding a sub-folder somehow changes the folder permissions allowing changes to be made!

Many thanks for the responses.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MikeBill44 

Glad to hear it sorted things for you. 

Coenoby

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MikeBill44 

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Glad to hear our very helpful community members have managed to assist you in resolving this. Please do be sure to contact us if you ever require any further assistance 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs