cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting a family member's blueyonder email password

Porty-Beach
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm new the forum but not to Virgin Media as my blueyonder email address suggests.

The issue I have is that neither myself or my wife can remember her email address password. Her email address is still valid and operational, but we need her password to ensure she has email on her new iPad and also to reset Instagram password too.

When her email address is entered into the My Virgin Media and the option of "forgotten password" is selected, she's directed to contact me to change it for her.

What do I have to do?

Where do I do this?

Where do I have to sign in to?

Best, Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Porty-Beach  As you are the primary account holder follow the steps below to change the password for the secondary account used by your wife.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Porty-Beach  As you are the primary account holder follow the steps below to change the password for the secondary account used by your wife.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham A, thanks for your quick response, I'll try what you've suggested.

Sandy

Thanks again Graham, I've now managed to change her password.

Best,

Sandy

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good to read that the system works.  Well done.

Hi Sandy! @Porty-Beach,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you've had some issues in trying to reset the password on a secondary account used by your Wife.

Glad that @Graham_A was able to provide the steps to help get this sorted 🙂

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry to jump in on this topic but I am trying to reset my sons password, I used to be able to do it, now all I can do is delete account or create new, no option as before to reset it

Nigel

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nigelnovice wrote:

I am trying to reset my sons password............................................now all I can do is delete account

From your My Virgin Media Account you can still delate any secondary email accounts but.........

or create new,

Beware, that option is not quite what you think.  If you look again at the top of the page where you can  "Create new account" it now says

"You can create up to 9 additional My Virgin Media accounts for members of your household to use."

So you can create new secondary My Virgin Media Accounts but not a new VM email account. Any new My Virgin Media accounts you create will have to be linked a third party email address rather than a VM email address.

VM stopped allowing existing customers to create new VM email accounts back in May this year. Also, from that date new VM broadband customers are no longer offered VM email accounts. They have to use a third party email address (such as Gmail) to create their My Virgin Media accounts when they sign up.

no option as before to reset it

Correct, now there is no option to reset the password for any secondary email accounts from your primary My Virgin Media account.

These days the easiest way to reset the password on a secondary VM email account is by signing in to the "My Virgin Media" account for that affected secondary email account.(All VM email accounts even secondary accounts have an associated My Virgin Media account.)

Enter the secondary email address and its current password here https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media (That is a different link to the one your son might be using to access the secondary email account itself.)

You will find that secondary My Virgin Media account is effectively a cut down version of  your main/primary My Virgin Media account. However you can reset the email password by navigating the same Account Details page you have accessed in your primary My Virgin Media account.

If you cannot use that route - for instance if you don't know the current email password, you will have to try the "Forgotten Password" route. Enter the secondary email address here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  and follow the prompts.

Please don't ask me why VM did not highlight those  changes to their existing customers.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi Nigel, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having trouble resetting your son's email password. 

If the advice from coenoby doesn't help then I can see you have created your thread and a member of the team has already replied there. Please stick with that thread and respond to my colleague so they can help you further. 

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs