Menu
DianeP26
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reset virgin.net email password

I think my virgin.net email address has been hacked, so I want to reset the password.  Virgin media have told us (several times) that virgin.net was handed over to TalkTalk, and TalkTalk have twice told us they handed it back to Virgin media in July 2016.  I can't get anywhere with Virgin media customer support.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reset virgin.net email password

The Virgin.net email domain has absolutely nothing to do with TalkTalk, in fact it never has. There seems to be some odd mental block in customer services since this line keeps getting trotted out, a cynic might think it was just to get you off the phone quicker and chalk up another ‘successfully closed call’, naturally I couldn’t possibly comment.

Anyhow first, and possibly the most important question, are you still a virgin media broadband customer, and if so have you had a break in your service at all?

DianeP26
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We have Virgin Media broadband and always have, have not had a break in service but do want to change our email password but can’t coz don’t know how to do so and Virgin cust  Svce won’t tell us.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If the above process does not work, then use the forgotten password link on the sign in screen.  You may need to enter your security answers in Upper Case letters.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@DianeP26 wrote:

I think my virgin.net email address has been hacked, so I want to reset the password.  Virgin media have told us (several times) that virgin.net was handed over to TalkTalk, and TalkTalk have twice told us they handed it back to Virgin media in July 2016.  I can't get anywhere with Virgin media customer support.  Any suggestions?

And follow all the other advice here to establish security of your financial and personal details:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'