cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset password on secondary email account

altis2
Joining in

This morning I spent over half an hour on the phone to customer services in an attempt to reset the password on a SECONDARY email account. The woman I was speaking to obviously wasn't aware that such things existed and kept trying to change the password on my primary account.

I know that I should be able to do this online but I've forgotten the exact answer to my security questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey altis2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your secondary email account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey altis2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your secondary email account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear that you're back in now altis2  😀

Please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I wonder if you could help me too please. Mine is a sub account on my husbands account. We have phoned VM a couple of times without being able to get backm into my account. You will have to email my husband obvs!!

Hey Suzib1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your secondary account, we wouldn't be able to email your husband to sort this, we can only use the forums to resolve this issue.

Is it yourself or your husband that is the account holder?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks very much  for responding.

It is my husbands account. He has just come off the phone having been told that my address is not on the account but another one (which he can't tell or delete). 

He then found my address?? and reset it the password.  I supposedly can use it in 30 mins.

On the day I my access ceased 12 emails were sent to .BH email address. My date of birth and security questions don't work either.

Thanks for looking into it.

Thank you

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your update on this @Suzib1, have you been able to access your email since your post?

Let us know.
Thanks,

Zoie

Hi.

I have forgotten the password to a secondary email account. 

I followed the instructions to reset it but could only change the main password.

The only option I have seems to be to delete the secondary account.  You used to be able to manage all secondary accounts but it seems no longer.

Any suggestions Please?

Many thanks.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks.
All sorted by phone.