cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset email password

oldboy1
Joining in

I'm trying to reset my email password and, on entering the answer to the security question, I'm simply returned to the reset password screen with no message suggesting a wrong answer etc.

Twice I've contacted virgin by phone and each time have been assured the problem has been fixed. Not so. They have reset the password each time but, for the sake of my own peace of mind, I want to be able to set my own password on line.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oldboy1 wrote:

I'm trying to reset my email password and, on entering the answer to the security question, I'm simply returned to the reset password screen with no message suggesting a wrong answer etc.

...........I want to be able to set my own password on line.

If you are a Virgin Media broadband customer you should be able to reset your password without going through the security questions:

Sign into your "My Virgin Media" account, that's the one were you can view your VM bills and package details, from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

• The MVM account interface is being updated but at the moment but once you have signed in you need to click on "Account settings" then "Account details"

• If the email address is your primary address it will be displayed and you can change the password from there

• If it is a secondary address you will need to click on the "Manage accounts" tab and select it from the list

• Once you have selected the address, click on View/Change to the right of the address

• Then click on Change to the right of password and follow the instructions

Try that and see how it goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oldboy1 wrote:

...........I want to be able to set my own password on line.

If you are a Virgin Media broadband customer you should be able to reset your password without going through the security questions:

Sign into your "My Virgin Media" account, that's the one were you can view your VM bills and package details, from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

• The MVM account interface is being updated but at the moment but once you have signed in you need to click on "Account settings" then "Account details"

• If the email address is your primary address it will be displayed and you can change the password from there

• If it is a secondary address you will need to click on the "Manage accounts" tab and select it from the list

• Once you have selected the address, click on View/Change to the right of the address

• Then click on Change to the right of password and follow the instructions

Try that and see how it goes.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi coenoby,

Thanks very much, it worked a treat. Your solution is one I've read in a previous post, but under a slightly different topic, sorry to make you go through it again!

Not your problem I know but what frustrates me most is that neither person I spoke to on the phone about this issue mentioned going through 'Account settings' etc.

Thanks again from hopefully a wiser oldboy.

Hi oldboy1,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear coenoby's advice has now resolved your issue, we are sorry this wasn't advised when you called, this is another great example of our community and the help and support everyone provides.

If you do need any further support, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Coenoby

I have attempted to follow your advice to change a password on a secondary account by accessing this facility from the primary account but when I get into the "Manage my other Virgin Media Accounts" page the only option I am given is to delete them - nothing else! This did not seem a clever button to click!

The need to change the password in this way was because the secondary account has been locked and I have been told that to unlock it I need to do a virus check on it, which has been done, and then to reset the password. However it will not let me into the secondary account to reset the password - catch 22. Any clues would be very welcome.

Thanks pgeo

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pgeowrote:I have attempted to follow your advice to change a password on a secondary account by accessing this facility from the primary account but when I get into the "Manage my other Virgin Media Accounts" page the only option I am given is to delete them - nothing else! This did not seem a clever button to click!.

That's because you are accessing the My Virgin Media Account for your Primary email account.

Virgin Media have changed the way you reset the password on a secondary email account. You now have to do that from the "My Virgin Media" account of the secondary email account.

So, sign in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the secondary email address and existing password.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

Coenoby

Hi @pgeo, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to access your secondary email.  I can say that the advice offered by the fantastic coenoby, is correct. There are other community threads that support this. However, as you've reached out, I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R