cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated email password resets don't work

malp1
Tuning in

My secondary email account, used by my partner for over 20 years has been unavailable for weeks, and five different resets via the call centre (on 150), two 'tickets to IT' and several hours spent talking to tier 2 call responders has not fixed the problem – message displayed is 'Sorry! your mailbox is not available at the moment… etc'. Call centre cannot access the account emails either. I wish to complain and have a complaint number reference, but what good does that do since there doesn't seem to be a complaint centre?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul19741
On our wavelength

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints

try that one, it’s the one I have used. Don’t hold your breath though.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

malp1
Tuning in

The usual process of chaning the password and waiting 10 or 30 minutes has not worked, I've even been told to wait 24 hours and of course that didn't  work, either. I've been told to wait 5 days while the IT team 'fix' it only to be told to change the password (again) and wait 10, 30, 60 mins etc and when that didn't work another ticket was raised for IT, so another 5 days wait… it goes on and on and on…

malp1
Tuning in

Sorry to say that I have rthe same problem on my secondary, ntlworld account – you're not alone but we're both screwed…

Paul19741
On our wavelength

It’s a nightmare. If you have travel problems like me and are heading to Spain there may be a work around in that you can create a new Spanish Spth form using a different email and identifier number. Let me know if you need further info. 

Paul19741
On our wavelength

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints

try that one, it’s the one I have used. Don’t hold your breath though.

Thanks for that — if I held mt breath waiting on VM responding positively I'd be Harry Houdini (and remember what happened to him)

malp1
Tuning in

Hey Gareth I've had the same problem for two weeks and had several long phone calls and re-setting password attenpts at fixing it to no avail. If you kow how to get it back can I know, too, please?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@malp1 

In view of the length of time you have been without your email despite raising it with Customer Services I will escalate this thread to the Forum Team who are best placed to help you.

They should be able to check this out for you and hopefully get things sorted.  I have merged your most recent post on the other thread into this thread. because that way your full story is in one place.

I hope things get resolved soon. However, you do need to think of  a plan B.

In this case you should open a new email account with proper email service such as Outlook.com or Gmail (there are others of course.) Any of those will be more secure, better supported and more reliable than the VM service that is offered free with a VM broadband account.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi malp1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear about the recent issues you have been having with accessing your emails. 

In order to help look in to this, we will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @malp1

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The IT Team have come back to me now to confirm all is resolved. I've doubled checked and this seem to be working on this end now. 

Please check your end. Once logged in, make sure you are using the password I sent to you via PM the other day. 

You will need to then update the password to something more secure and memorable to yourself. Please make sure it's never been used before to avoid any further locking instances 🙂

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs