cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing External E-mail Accounts

Mr_Pedantic
Joining in

Hi there,

In the VM webmail folder list, at the bottom, there is a link to add additional exteranl email accounts such as a Gmail account.  I've done this a while back and it worked fine.  

I would like to remove this GMail account from my Virgin Media Web mail so I no longer see my GMail folders and e-mails appearing in my VM account.  It's not listed in the email settings nor on the drop down menu options when clicking on the GMail account.  As this is not a Virgin Media additional E-mail account - rather a linked external one - it is not listed in the additional email addresses on MyVirginMedia.  

I've contacted Virgin Media Technical support and this left them scratching their heads.  There seems to be an easy way to add a link to an external e-mail account but no way to manage or remove one already added.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, have you resolved it?    Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Sololobo
Superstar

How to remove an external email account

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-check-emails-from-another-account

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In addition to the above there is another possibility if the account predates the transfer of VM Mail from the Google Apps platform to their in house platform around 2016.  The migration process included the creation of a set of google mail folders into which all mail in the account pre migration was placed.

These can be emptied and deleted if required.

folder options.PNG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi.  Thanks for that.  I'd already looked there.  No external accounts are listed.  It says that external accounts are aggrogated when logged into webmail.  It does this and I can see them on my folder list in my webmail screen but it doesn't list them in the System>Settings>Accounts screen.  I may be doing something wrong here or perhaps it's changed recently.  Any ideas?   Do I need to go via a different route to this screen or something.  I log into Webmail and then System>Settings>Accounts but get the screen below.  

Mr_Pedantic_0-1625590013262.png

Davidlawuk
On our wavelength
I'm having a similar problem, how to remove a unified email account.
The help pages says:
How to remove an external email account
Click the System menu icon at the top left of the screen.
Click the Settings menu option.
Click Accounts in the side menu.
Click the Delete trash icon next to the email account you want to remove.

I don't have a System Menu icon at the top left of the email screen.
Any ideas please?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Davidlawuk 

The system menu icon is at the top right of the page and looks like 3 horizontal lines as highlighted here:

hamburger.PNG

In the small screen/mobile device display the settings icon is a cog.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks