Menu
RufB
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remove one of my e-mail accounts

I have 2 email addresses linked to my account. I am suddenly receiving hundreds of "spam" e-mails every week to the second e-mail address. However when I go to my profile it does show the 2 email addresses in the alternate e-mail addresses but it appears that I can only change the 1st or main e-mail address that i use. Is there a way of removing the alternate e-mail address so that I have only 1 e-mail address?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove one of my e-mail accounts

If the alternate address is a blueyounder alias address (which judging from your description it is) then it cannot be deleted without deleting the address to which it is attached - they both share the same mailbox and password.

If I am right the sensible thing to do would be to just stop checking the offending address.

If I am wrong then it can be deleted in My Virginmedia.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The other thing I'd add is regarding this part:

but it appears that I can only change the 1st or main e-mail address that i use.

If you're looking at the main profile page, that doesn't change your email address, it simply lets you specify a third party email such as Gmail etc as you preferred username.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

RufB
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your replies. I have been adding rules in outlook which has drastically reduced the number of these spam e-mails that I'm seeing

0 Kudos