cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove ntlworld email account

Richard_Toomey
On our wavelength

I have an ntlworld.com email address associated with an old Virgin account that has been closed down. Although the emails are being forwarded to another email address it now appears that someone may have access to the account. Please can you advise on how I can either change the password of the account or just disable the account completely as I do not use it anymore?

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Richard_Toomey, thanks for rwching out on our help forums and sorry to hear of this issue with your ntlworld email account.

We'd love to best help with this, as you've stated you left us any email account you had provided by us back then should have been closed within 90 days from the account closure.

In some rare cases though, this fails and some email accounts remain on although we check for those and sweep them off regularly.

We'd be eager to best assist with this as it's now a matter of security too for you.
In this case, we'd be able to permanently remove the ntlworld email account so this activity is seized and your info remains safe.

Please, kindly let us know if you're still using this email and if you're happy for us to close it down as there will be no option to retrieve the email after this.

We'll be here to assist with this or any other questions/concerns you may have.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes please can you close the account. Please let me know how I can contact you to pass on any details regarding the account as I would prefer not to post them in a public forum. Thank you.

Hi @Richard_Toomey,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Sure, I'll be more than happy to help you further.

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

Speak to you soon  😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @Richard_Toomey 

I have raised a ticket with our IT team as discussed and requested the mailbox to be removed. 

I will follow up with you once confirmed.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Richard_Toomey 

Just to update the thread, the mailbox has been removed as requested. 

Let me know if you need anything else 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team