cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstate Email Address

Man_of_Kent
On our wavelength

i recently had to delete one of my alias email addresses. Unfortunately, as usual when you do things like this, I now need it as I can’t transfer an account over to my new address without it. Have problems with customer support having spent 30 minutes trying to get through, 5 mins of them telling me their system was broken and now 3 hours waiting for them to call me back. Can anyone advise what I can do next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Man_of_Kent,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having some complications recovering a deleted secondary email address. As I can see has already been mentioned earlier in this thread, the chances of recovering a deleted email address are admittedly slim, but I'll certainly do what I can for you.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look to see what can be done. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Man_of_Kent  A lot depends on how recent 'recently' was.

If it was within the last day or so there is a slight chance that it may be retrievable by the IT team.  Just to be clear was this a secondary email address rather than an alias of a blueyonder email address?

As this is time critical I will escalate the thread to the VM Forum Team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Man_of_Kent wrote:

i recently had to delete one of my alias email addresses. ........ I now need it ............ Can anyone advise what I can do next?

By "alias" I assume you mean what VM refer to as a secondary email account, in other words an email account you created yourself via your "My Virgin Media" account.

As you can imagine you are not the first person who has posted on this forum to ask for a deleted email account to be reinstated

The Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) usually reply that it may be possible to reinstate the account.

Sadly though I have to say that I cannot remember ever seeing a follow up post from the Forum Team or the VM customer confirming that the account has been successfully reinstated.

However, it may well depend on how much time has elapsed since the account was deleted so I have escalated your post to the Forum Team.  One of them will contact you via this thread hopefully later today. You will need to pass their security checks to confirm that you are the account holder.

Coenoby

Edited to add - apologies @Graham_A you just beat me to it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It was a couple of days ago. They call it a secondary account now. It was initially an alias in blueyonder. Unfortunately the help desk don’t understand alias’ anymore. It is a bit before their time.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Man_of_Kent,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having some complications recovering a deleted secondary email address. As I can see has already been mentioned earlier in this thread, the chances of recovering a deleted email address are admittedly slim, but I'll certainly do what I can for you.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look to see what can be done. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I can confirm it has been a success. A lot of work to transfer discord server ownership 🤔

many thanks to @Zach_R

Hi @Man_of_Kent,

That's great news, thank you for sharing. I'm really glad to hear that I've been able to help resolve this matter for you.

If you need our help again in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team