cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect On Vrgin Media Home page

Tony_
Dialled in

Hi

From yesterday when I access VM home page, the home page briefly flashes up and then I get redirected to what appears to be a new VM home page with a banner offering me tickets to see someone called Sam Fender and below that, loadsa adverts for VM TV programmes etc.

On this page however there is an option to log in to "My Virgin Media" but NOT an option to just click on "Email" ( which is all I really want).

If I click on the Sam Fender advert, then good old Sam disappears and I am redirected back to the original home page.

Is this happening to me or has anyone else got this redirect from original home page?

Thanks

Tony

5 REPLIES 5

hemelvirgin
Superfast

Hi,

yes problem here as well, all our devices can't access email unless via back door.

we dont want to see this sam fender who ever he is !!.

will ring 150 tommorow.

Hi

wish you luck in talking to VM.... I have rung them twice but can't get a meaningful or understandable response ( that's about the redirect problem... not about who Sam Fender is..or an explanation of why I would want see him)

Tony_

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tony_ @hemelvirgin 

I don't know if you are seeing the same screens as me but try this route to access your VM email account:

1. on that "Sam Fender" page click on "Sign into My Virgin Media" and sign in with your VM email address and password. It does not matter whether the VM email  address is your MVA username or not.
  2. if the email address is also your My Virgin Media username that will take you to your My Virgin Media account and if the email is a secondary address it still takes you to a similar page but which  says "Secondary Account".
  3. It does not matter which of those screens you get, just scroll to the very bottom (it is some way down) and you will see a link to "Virgin Media Mail" - click on that and you're in your email account.

Sign into email from my virgin media.png

Alternatively you can use this link which takes you straight to your email account.  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 

In my experience that link is more reliable than the My Virgin Media route simply because as you have discovered VM seem to tinker endlessly with the MVM interface and the various links on their website. If you are unhappy using that "mail2...." link then follow steps 1-3 above.

Coenoby

PS I hope that's a more meaningful and understandable response than you got from VM. 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

thank you for the helpful response..... I am able to access emails by one or other of your methods.... also if I click on "Sam" then he goes away into whatever void he was constructed and I am redirected to the original home page (another redirect) and so the email icon appears.

I can also access the home page (there seem to be several variants)  by changing the bookmark I have from "virginmedia.com" to "https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit" . Another page of adverts (another redirect) but at least the little email icon becomes available in the top right again (and I don't get a Sam pop-up).

I guess I just wonder why VM make it so difficult for customers to access email. I'da thought that a few of their customers use email fairly regularly and want to easily access it.. obviously a wrong impression.. seems they think that their customers just wanna go to the O2.. Sam probably knows but he's not talking.

Thanks anyways

Tony_

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tony_  If you are confident with setting bookmarks/favourites in your chosen browser then set one for:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

This should take you direct to the the VM Mail webmail page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks