Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recovering deleted account in error

I just deleted one of my Virgin.net sub accounts . i.e. I have my main account and 4 others, totalling 5 email addresses.

I was having problems with a bit of imap syncing (on one of the secondary accounts) so I thought best thing was to delete that "secondary" account and just start again from scratch by adding back the deleted account.

Of course I notice now that I can only create a "new" account, not "reinstate" the one I just deleted and of course it states that that account name is being used. There doesn't seem to be a method for reversing a deleted account in spite of the fact that it a sub account owned by me anyway.

I literally deleted it an hour or so ago. 

Can anyone tell me how to get it back?

PS.update: I should add (an hour so later now);  I have since phoned a support number and they are sending a message to "who knows where ??? IT?) so this message may "possibly" be obsolete now but as they said it "may be good or bad news" and let me know in 5 days approx. I thought I would still post here in case someone has a quicker, simpler, better or knowledgeable answer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recovering deleted account in error

If the deletion is reported quickly enough it is usually possible for the IT team to restore the email address to the account.

Your PS suggests that the telephone team have made the relevant referral so, fingers crossed, the address can be restored for you.

If you had not have added the PS I would have escalated this post for an early response from the Forum Team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that prompt response Graham_A.

Appreciated.

I added the PS as I had already posted but was "told off" as mistakenly I had written a private message which was a mistake.

By the time I re-posted to the community I had found a number to call but as I say, was a bit concerned when the support person said "maybe" so I decided to see what response I would get from the VM community posting!.

Thanks again. \fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi obmuj, thanks for getting in touch.

As these things can be time-sensitive I'll be happy to take a look for you?

Please look out for my PM and get back to me  with the requested info & we'll take it from there.

Tom

0 Kudos