cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover deleted emails after account hacked

timhb1970
Tuning in

My virgin email account has been hacked, all emails and contacts have been deleted. I've reset the password & removed the auto-forward rules, but obviously I cant see any history, not easily contact people to warn them.

Anyone have any idea on how to recover my stuff?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@timhb1970 wrote:

My virgin email account has been hacked, all emails and contacts have been deleted. I've reset the password & removed the auto-forward rules, but obviously I cant see any history, not easily contact people to warn them.

The only way to recover them is via a backup that you have taken prior to the recent event.  VM do not keep backups for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

Do you currently have Virgin Media Broadband?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@timhb1970 wrote:

The only way to recover them is via a backup that you have taken prior to the recent event.  VM do not keep backups for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes we do

Hi timhb1970

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Unless the deleted emails are still in the recycle bin then you can retrieve them

If they are not then its not possible to get them back sorry

I know its not the answer you are looking for 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth, you've just confirmed my suspicions. Live & learn, eh?