cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipient Domain Invalid (VM520)

Atilla_the_Tim
On our wavelength

I have friends in Germany.

I've been trying to e mail them a few times over the last week, but keep getting System Administrator messages that the e mail is undeliverable, apparently due to Server error: 550 5.1.1 Recipient Domain Invalid (VM520).

It's the same e mail address I've been using for them for the last couple of years, and I know there's no typo, as I used the "Reply" button.

I also e mailed them using my work e mail account (don't tell my bosses - it's not supposed to be used for personal use!) - and there was no "e mail undeliverable" messages.

Any ideas as to what's going on and how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance!

32 REPLIES 32

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @brmp201,

Thanks for dropping by - sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Are you able to expand more on what's going on with this error? Is this when emailing a specific email address?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey @Molly_G,

Yesterday, when I tried emailing info@diabetesprescribed.com from my ntlworld.com account, I got the "recipient domain invalid" error. However, I was able to send successfully just now!

Many thanks,

brmp201

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi brmp201 

Thank you for getting back in touch and updating us. 

I am happy to hear the email was able to be sent today and apologise for the previous error. 

Can you please let us know if this happens again and we will do all we can to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat