cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieving emails has become sporadic on my ntlworld account since friday

barrylowry
Superfast

Im in the RM12 area and since Friday, recieving emails from my main email account( ..NTLworld.com) has become erratic and i am recieving a fraction of the emails i usually get.

Confirmations, etickets from  3 different airlines and 2 different hotels sent Saturday have never arrived, yet marketing emails from Netflix get through.  Even amazon order confirmations, although I eventually get them take over an hour, when usually its 30 seconds to 1 min max

Is there a problem with the email servers?

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi barrylowry, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about the issues you have been having with your emails since Friday. 

As some emails are getting through it doesn't sound as though the email account itself has been blocked. Can we have a little more information on your set up as this will help us to support you further with this?

➡ Are you receiving your emails directly through Webmail or through an email client?

➡ If the latter, when logging in directly to webmail, are the emails showing there?

➡ Are these emails usually sent to a folder that you've created?

➡ When checking the junk/deleted folders, are the missing emails showing there?

➡ Finally can you run a full virus scan on your device to ensure that all is well?

Pop back and let us know how things go so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F

Emails went back to normal the following Monday, although I surmise it was a bigger problem than just my email address, my brother also a VM customer in another area  had exactly the same problem at the same time which funnily enough resolved itself that following Monday too. I still have not received the emails from the Airlines (Singapore Airlines and  Virgin Atlantic)  or the hotels ( Accor Group and IHG group)  so i think they obviously bounced back to the sender server.

As for your questions

➡ Are you receiving your emails directly through Webmail or through an email client?

answer: Multiple depending on the device im using at the time, but I checked VM webmail and no emails there either

➡ If the latter, when logging in directly to webmail, are the emails showing there?

answer: as above no email shows on webmail either

➡ Are these emails usually sent to a folder that you've created?

answer: no, just standard inbox

➡ When checking the junk/deleted folders, are the missing emails showing there?

answer: no, its my first port of call when im expecting an email that hasnt arrived.

➡ Finally can you run a full virus scan on your device to ensure that all is well?

I run scans daily,  and my devices are clean.

Regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks so much for coming back to us with this information, that's really helpful.

There were some known issues with webmail last week, but they should now be resolved.

You mentioned in your original post that some emails do come through but after a delayed period of time, do only some emails come through eventually? If they all do come through eventually, it would be that there's an issue with your broadband service.

Are you able to send outgoing emails with out any issues?

Finally, do you have any email filter rules set up? 

Beth

Hi Beth_G

My emails are coming through okay now, when the webmail problem was there, some amazon emails came about an hour later than I would expect but others came through promptly and as I said in my reply to Kath_F  there are emails  from airlines and hotels that even now havent arrived.

Outgoing emails are being sent promptly, so no issue there.

As far as i know my broadband is fine too, no issues I can see.

I don't have any email filter rules set up

regards

Barry

Thank you for reaching out and this is a good sign that they are coming through and sending correctly. 

Which holiday ones aren't coming through, are they marketing or an confirmation of an holiday you have booked?

If they are marketing ones are you definitely on the list? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Mathew_ML

The lost airline and hotel emails were confirmations and e-tickets not marketing

The emails should have been recieved more or less immediatley after booking ie. Saturday 28/01/23 from10:45 onwards.

Luckly both the airlines and hotels have had alternative ways for me to get the confirmations without relying on my VM email so there was no real consequence to the loss of the emails apart from my irritation and loss of confidence in VM webmails performance.   

Thanks for coming back to us barrylowry, would you like to raise a complaint about this experience with your email account?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L