Menu
Cesar88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recent increase in spam e-mail

Over the last week there has been s marked increase in Spam email making it into my inbox (10 to 12 a day). I am marking them as Spam but a very email is for a voucher and seems to come from a different address. I've tried blacklisting the emails but  again every address  is different. Is there anything else I can do

TIA Cesar

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent increase in spam e-mail

If the email address domain (part after the @) is the same then consider creating a filter rule similar to the following (or similar rule if your email client supports filtering):
2019-01-31.jpeg
Do make sure to change Apply rule if all condition are met to Apply rule if any condition met if more than one condition is created.

0 Kudos
Cesar88
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'll give it a try as there are a few from sysprem.com but a lot of the emails have unique domains which just seem to be an array of jumbled letters

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Filter rules are not an efficient method for handling more than a few missed persistent spam emails; anything more and you need to either hope Virgin Media get a handle on the issue or look for an email service with better spam handling.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cesar88,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forums. 

Apologies for the spam emails, did you try the filtering suggestion?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos