cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent E Mail Account Lockout

KeithM73
Tuning in

E mail account that had been fine yesterday, suddenly became inaccessible from PC, I-Pad or Mobile Phone. Password was being requested and/or alerts that permissions had changed or were out of date. No joy with web mail either just a message saying "Sorry" together with a number to contact if problem persists. In the latter case, I wasn't even signed in so assumed there was a wider issue.

To cut a long story short, pleased to say that it was quickly resolved today with a password reset over the phone and, thus far, all is fine again. Well done, that man, excellent service, however.......

After service was restored, I noted an E-Mail from Virgin Internet Security advising of the lockout due to "suspicious activity" and possible malware and advising a virus scan and password change.

How does one read such an E-mail sent to the very account that is locked out and how come the advisor didn't mention it?

2 REPLIES 2

KeithM73
Tuning in
Forgot to say , in my preceding post, that I did try my original, long standing password, without success, on all of my three devices, even within the appropriate e-mail account settings and that, before the lockout, the only time I've needed a password is for accessing my mail via Virgin Media which I hardly ever use.

Also, ironically, both the pre-recorded Virgin messages and the phone advisor, pointed out that password resetting is a common cause of lockouts!

Hi KeithM73,

I'm sorry to hear that you were temporarily locked out of your email account. Pleased to hear this has been resolved now, though.

I can appreciate the confusion caused by receiving an email to notify you of this, however we do sent a notification to the affected email so once the account can be accessed, you're made aware of why the account was locked. We will usually either sent out a letter/SMS notification of the same.

It's likely that you won't need a password to sign into your emails via an email client as your details are already saved and you do not have an account time out set which would automatically log you out of your email account as a security measure.

If there's anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth