cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Emails but can't send out

pentode
On our wavelength

I use Thunderbird Suddenly Emails can not be sent... I'm receiving them OK, I normally use SMTP, they won't send on IMAP either but WILL receive.

I get SMTP server failed, pointless , is there anything going on that folks don't know about when dialing 150? This IS twice this has caught me out, the last time it came back all by itself.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sending is only possible via SMTP not IMAP.

Phone support are unlikely to be in a position to help as issue falls outside their scripted support process and will likely refer you to Gadget Rescue who ill charge to support you.

Alternatively try the following in Thunderbird to troubleshoot the issue:

• press Ctrl + Shift + J to show Error Console
  • in Filter Output field type mailnews
  • either copy and paste the errors shown here or post a screenshot, for example:
    2023-05-31.jpeg
    If no errors are shown try to send an email and then review error console again for errors

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sending is only possible via SMTP not IMAP.

Phone support are unlikely to be in a position to help as issue falls outside their scripted support process and will likely refer you to Gadget Rescue who ill charge to support you.

Alternatively try the following in Thunderbird to troubleshoot the issue:

• press Ctrl + Shift + J to show Error Console
  • in Filter Output field type mailnews
  • either copy and paste the errors shown here or post a screenshot, for example:
    2023-05-31.jpeg
    If no errors are shown try to send an email and then review error console again for errors

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

pentode
On our wavelength

Hi, thank you for getting back.

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIWebNavigation.loadURI]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/viewSource.js :: viewSource :: line 141" data: no]

I tried on a laptop and I get exactly the same results, this did happen a while back but came back two or three hours later.

Dave

pentode
On our wavelength

Using CMD I pinged blueyonder-:

'Ping smtp.blueyonder'

Ping request could not find host smtp.blueyonder. Please check name and try again was the reply.... did I do that right??

pentode
On our wavelength

SORTED...!!!!

I really don't know what happened.... and I don't wanna be finding out. . Funny it worked all this time on two 'pewters, ' smtp.blueyonder.co.uk in the outgoing field, I change to SMTP.blueyonder.co.uk - that did the trick.

Oh, when pinging use  >ping smtp.blueyonder.co.uk<  As usual I was casting evil eyes at Virgin Media, I dunno if I want to hide or celebrate.

A special thanks to Very Insightful Person for his help, my apologies for the trouble I cause - t'was all my doing.... what had changed though??  Matter solved and can be closed.

Dave