Menu
yadmot
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Received mail and Blacklist

In the past I've received spam/junk mail from 'contact_@sysprem'  I initially blocked the sender but still received.  I then blocked the domain but still received.  I then backlisted the sender  and this was successful......until recently.  I now started to receive emails from the same domain (@sysprem) but the sender is being modified but the inclusion of random alpha/numeric  characters e.g. contact_Fhyb25jl@contact.sysprem.  How do I stop this ??  Is it not possible for virginmedia to recognise such domains and block them from being received by their mail servers ??

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received mail and Blacklist

@yadmot wrote:

In the past I've received spam/junk mail from 'contact_@sysprem'  I initially blocked the sender but still received.  I then blocked the domain but still received.  I then backlisted the sender  and this was successful......until recently.  I now started to receive emails from the same domain (@sysprem) but the sender is being modified but the inclusion of random alpha/numeric  characters e.g. contact_Fhyb25jl@contact.sysprem.  How do I stop this ??  Is it not possible for virginmedia to recognise such domains and block them from being received by their mail servers ??

Spam from Sysprem.com has been a hot topic on this forum for a while. There is a lot of work going on by Virgin Media to stop the sysprem.com spam.

If you have some time to get the back ground you can check out this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-Email-sysprem-com/td-p/3924528

But there have been many others. In fact the answer to your specific question on how you can block sysprem.com at the domain level is the second post in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-Email-sysprem-com/td-p/3924528

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
yadmot
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your quick response.  I will create filter as specified.  Again,  many thanks.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@yadmot wrote:

Many thanks for your quick response. 

No problem.

You might also consider helping to stop these emails at source rather than email providers like Virgin Media having to jump through hoops to beat the spammers.

See this thread: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/How-to-report-spam-emails/td-p/3927427

And take a few minutes to follow the Forum Moderator's instructions to report the spam to Spam Cop.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
yadmot
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this information.  Will do.

0 Kudos