cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: virgin.net email access blocked

PaulJ5
Joining in

My virgin.net email address appears to be blocked too. Cant find a way that works to re set the password via the web pages. So at the moment I cant get emails via pop I cant log on to get emails via the web and when I do login to https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index Im told We're really sorry but the offers and promotions on our site are no longer available to Virgin Media National customers, due to the move to TalkTalk.I can see my account number and my area ref no but cant navigate anywhere else.

Can anybody help me resolve this I have a lot of important messages tied to this account over 20 years and it would really be a pain if I had to swap them all out to Gmail

Thanks

Paul

10 REPLIES 10

Mr_Crabbit
Dialled in

Hi Paul,

I'm beginning to think this issue is some sort of job creation scheme. You'll see it is a common problem in this forum. If Virgin Media wanted to resolve a lot of the cases quickly, they would sort the defective "Forgot password" page. It's been of no use to virgin.net and ntlworld.com email users for four weeks to my knowledge at least. Good luck!

Mr_Crabbit

Hi

Yeah its a real pain. Hopefully I get it sorted soon. First time ive had an issue with the addy in years

Paul

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAICS if the account is not linked to an active broadband service with Virgin Media then:

• the primary account holder cannot change or reset their password
  • but secondary account can

Can you confirm this is the case by trying the Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

OK tried the link it asked for email address thats blocked entered that and it took me to a page asking my date of birth and mothers maiden name entered that and it went back to page asking my date of birth again

I'm afraid that link doesn't work with my secondary email addresses. The fundamental problem seems to be that virgin.net and ntlworld.com domain names are ignored. When you supply the details asked for, clicking on "Continue" brings up the animated VM logo briefly, then you are back to the same screen you were at before you clicked "Continue", i.e. the one which shows the date of birth numbers and security question answer. Continuing to click on "Continue" has the same effect and is pointless.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PaulJ5, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums, 
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your email, I can take a look into this for you. I will pop you over a PM, keep your eye open for the purple envelope 🙂
@Mr_Crabbit I can see you are now in PM with someone from our team glad you were able to get some assistance also.

Zoie

@Zoie_P Hi, I have been in PM with a number of people about this issue. It is fair to say that in over four weeks I have had no assistance that has resolved it.

Regards,

Mr_Crabbit

Just got this

Hello Paul,

Zoie is not on community this week, so I am taking over the conversation. 

Unfortunately, as this email is on a former account, it has been deleted. As per the 90 day rule when disconnecting your services. We would not be able to retrieve this email address due to this.

I can on apologise that you was not made aware, that this could happen, but it is stated in the T&Cs of your old contract with us.

Many thanks,

Thats it. No warning. No short term access to move out info and even worse no bounce if you email my virgin.net address so you will not know I have not received it. How difficult can it be to email the address you are about to delete to let the customer who has previously spent a lot of money with you retrieve their information before you actually delete the account?

Disgraceful Virgin. I am moving in a couple of weeks and looking for an internet provider. Virgin is available but is now at the bottom of the list I would rather use my phone than Virgin.

@PaulJ5 

So are you not now a VM broadband customer, if not then how long ago did you leave them?