Menu
Nick_Epsom
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: signing into virgin.net webmail

Hi

I and my wife have a similar problem. We were Virgin Media customers for over 10 years, and still have Virgin Mobiles. When we moved house 3 years ago we were unable to keep our Virgin Media accounts (it is not available in the area where we now live). Our Virgin Mail accounts both seem to have been disabled this week - I'm guessing as they are 'orphaned'. Please could we have temporary access to them to transfer emails to our new email accounts?

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick_Epsom,

Thanks for you post on our Community Forum.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news but unfortunately as this E-Mail address has been orphaned you will not be able to gain any access to this at all I'm afraid to say.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you

David_Bn

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

David_Bn is correct, VM will not assist former customers except to completely delete a lingering email address.

Just to be absolutely sure go to mailtester.com, and enter your email addresses.  If they come back as live/active/whatever then you might be able to access them using an email client like outlook or thunderbird until they are permanently removed from the system. (webmail access is the first thing to cease).

But if you do get access and back up your data, be sure to request that Virgin complete the permanent deletion after that.  There are so many cases of people having these orphan addresses hacked and their personal data misused, I wouldn't want that to happen to you.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@David_Bn wrote:

Hi Nick_Epsom,

Sorry to be the barer of bad news 

I'm sorry but I really can't help myself here, but I really hope that you are sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 😉

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos