cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Too many bad emails have been sent"

Delshel
Tuning in

I have exactly the same problem on both my iPhone and with Outlook on my Desktop - what was the solution to this problem as although I have spoken to Tech Support a few times I am still unable to send any emails.

Thanks

Derrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The response that you have received on the call back is dubious to say the least, although it is likely that your IP address will clear from the VM internal blacklist after a period of time.

Changing your ISP would be an extreme and arguably unnecessary step to resolve an email issue.  A better solution would be to create an email address not linked/tied to an internet service provider.

As well as paid for options there are a number of free ones available, not least MS Outlook and Google Gmail.

Edit to add that you should be able to send emails via the VM webmail interface whilst the blacklist issue persists.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Delshel
Tuning in

Hello I have the identical problem and been unable to send emails since about 10am this morning.

I have been in touch with VM tech support a few times but no solution has been found though was told if I pay for help Gadget Rescue should be able to resolve the problem. 

I see Beth is now ok but don;t kn ow what the solution was or what I can / should do.

Any advice would be very welcome

Thanks Derrick

Hi @Deshel,
I'm really sorry, but I am still pretty much in the dark why this has started working properly again, except for the mysterious email from Sololobo.

I am 99.999% certain that Gadget Rescue is NOT what you want, but is part of some call centre script that the poor people in India fall back on.

The only thing I did that might have had a beneficial effect, barring posting here and giving the IP address quoted in the error message, was logging the problem on the Report abuse page (as mentioned in the error popup), depsite both that page and the automated confirmation email saying that it shouldn't be used for technical support requests.

The only other thing I can think of (and this is embarassing to suggest) is turning the modem on and off in the hope that it might assign a different dynamic IP address to one that isn't blocked??? Truly clutching at straws here.

One of the call centre people suggested that if I could just send a single email via webmail using a virgin account that would make it all OK, but from other threads I have read of similar problems, that doesn't actually solve the issue.

I thnk begging the Virgin people who monitor this chat room for help and providing details of the IP address that is blocked is probably a much better bet.

I am so sorry not to be of more help. Believe me when I say I feel your pain.

Best of luck, Nick x

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BethRussell wrote:

Hi @Deshel,

The only thing I did that might have had a beneficial effect, barring posting here and giving the IP address quoted in the error message, was logging the problem on the Report abuse page (as mentioned in the error popup), depsite both that page and the automated confirmation email saying that it shouldn't be used for technical support requests.

That is the correct process for resoling this issue and @Delshel should do the same by:

• go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com
  • under New Case/Complaint select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors and then abuse form of Other
  • copy and paste the whole Too many bad emails error message to Log Evidence field
  • enter how you would like to be addressed in My name field
  • enter your email address in My Email address field
  • select Submit

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks though I did exactly that yesterday for both my email addresses and have not heard anything so far and the problem still exists on both my PC and iPhone.

The only solution I have been offered so far is to subscribe to VM Gadget Rescue and pay for the problem to be resolved. I am of course paying a monthly charge for a service I cannot use. Very odd as I've been a VM customer for well over 10 years and never experienced an issue like this or the inability / reluctance of the Tech Support team to fix a problem. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your Hub uses Network Address Translation (NAT) to allow devices on your home network to share the single public IP Address that is assigned to it for transmitting / receiving network traffic over the internet; for this reason the issue will affect all device on your home network.

Gadget Rescue cannot resolve this issue.

Issue has been flagged to forum team who will hopefully be able to advise further concerning the IP Address de-listing process time frame.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Delshel,

Welcome back! Thank you for posting.

I am sorry to see your current IP address/email issue.

I can see you have filled out the form for this, you will need to wait up to 48 -72 hours to hear something back on this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I've had a call from the Tech Support team who told me its something to do with dynamic IP address when connecting to the VM server and the problem will fix itself. Well the issue started about 10 am on Thursday and has yet to resolve itself so I have been unable to send any emails from home for 3.5 days.

I've been to NTL / VM for about 20 years and never experienced a problem like this before it's come out of the blue from nowhere and nobody at VM seems able to fix the problem. It looks like I will reluctantly have to switch to BT as I cannot go on like this being unable to end emails - its unbelievable.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The response that you have received on the call back is dubious to say the least, although it is likely that your IP address will clear from the VM internal blacklist after a period of time.

Changing your ISP would be an extreme and arguably unnecessary step to resolve an email issue.  A better solution would be to create an email address not linked/tied to an internet service provider.

As well as paid for options there are a number of free ones available, not least MS Outlook and Google Gmail.

Edit to add that you should be able to send emails via the VM webmail interface whilst the blacklist issue persists.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your posts @Delshel, can you please advise us of the current status of the E-Mail account? 

Has anyone discussed the possibility of cleaning your IP address to see if this will help resolve this issue for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn