Menu
DrZep
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email disabled due to invalid credentials

Hi

I am also seeing this error message when trying to send emails (I can still receive them) from my ntl account.  When I go to the virginmedia website and got to My Account->My Profile and have tried changing my username's password but I still cannot send an email.  When I go to Manage Account it says I have not setup any additional accounts, however, I have my original ntl email address (my main account and the one I login to virginmedia with), my wife's account and 3 accounts for the kids.

What i think has happened is that when I moved house I have effectively been given a new account for the new address, which therefore came with a new email address (which is the primary one that is first in the list of accounts in the webmail app) and all the pre-existing accounts I setup at the old address/account still exist but I cannot change them, and as such I cannot change the email password for the ntl account.

How on earth can I get around this?

Kind regards

Ross

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This one is already solved for the OP, and your issues may be different.

You should start your own thread so that your issue can be dealt with properly (copy paste is fine).    My hint is to add a request for a Move and Transfer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
DrZep
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MissPasko.

I got to this thread purely through a google search, so the first thing I see when I go to the main forum page is a top posting about orphaned email accounts.  My suspicion is that the old _email_ accounts associated with the old virgin media/ntl account may be in the process of being orphaned!

I wonder who I should speak to about sorting this out, I dread having to explain all this over a support call 😞

Best regards

Ross

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh, good, a superuser/moderator has split your message into its own thread, as that is proper forum etiquette here.

don't ring in - the front line support never seem to understand these complicated matters.  The forum team here will be able to get your details and escalate to the  proper department in VM.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have split this out to a new thread for you.  The Forum Team will be able to advise you if a move and transfer is possible for you.  Be aware that if it is the process would wipe out the email address on the 'new' account.

Response times for a staff reply are currently within a day.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DrZep. I'll be happy to take a further look into this for you. 

I'll send a PM shortly requesting some info and will look forward to your reply so we can investigate further 🙂

Tom_F

DrZep
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom
Many thanks for the speedy response, I have replied to your PM with I believe the requested information
Kind regards

Ross
0 Kudos
DrZep
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Did my PM provide you with enough information on my account issues?

Kind regards

Ross

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay Ross I've been out of the office unexpectedly. I've replied to your PM now - thanks for bearing with me!

Tom_F

0 Kudos