cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: locked out of Blueyonder email

bluegrunt1
On our wavelength

Hi forum team. As of this morning I have the same problem, locked out of my 20 year old blueyonder email account. I have followed the guidance, logged into my profile and changed password but no joy.

Should I create a new thread or can someone help me from here? 

Here's the message:

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update 3 Changed email again, and was rewarded with access to my emails! Yay. Sure enough, in the list of emails I hadn't seen because my account was blocked, was a nice email from VM telling me that my account has been blocked. But still, this is a day for celebration, so thank you VM for restoring my email account.

Case closed. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

bluegrunt1
On our wavelength

Update. I called 150 and spoke to someone who seemed to know what the problem was, he confirmed that he could see my email address was blocked and said it was due to excessive spam activity on the account. (Ironic that the excessive spam activity seems to have arisen consequent to an anti-spam change implemented by VM but there you go). 

Unfortunately despite seeing the problem he was unable to resolve it, and he has raised an IT ticket. I've now to wait 3 or 4 working days for someone to call me back. Meanwhile, no email. 

If any of the forum moderators / generally helpful people on here have any suggestions as to how this can be fixed, I'm all ears. 

Update 2 

I see this sticky post on the forum which describes the circumstances I find myself in. 4808847 

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a possible flaw in this last note which tells how we will be informed that our accounts have been locked?

"We will also be notifying customers with active broadband services via email if their email has been locked due to suspicious activity."

Update 3 Changed email again, and was rewarded with access to my emails! Yay. Sure enough, in the list of emails I hadn't seen because my account was blocked, was a nice email from VM telling me that my account has been blocked. But still, this is a day for celebration, so thank you VM for restoring my email account.

Case closed. 

Thanks for the update bluegrunt and we're pleased to hear you now have access to your email account again. 

Rob

Here we go again. For the 6th (7th?) time in a few months, my emails are not available.

If Virginmedia want us to migrate away from their email platform why don't they just tell us?