cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can't login to email

prettyp62
On our wavelength

ONCE AGAIN  I’m here trying to rectify email problems with ‘ntlworld.com’ email. This problem has been intermittent for around 4-6 weeks and was rectified after I contact VM Executive around 4 weeks ago (frustrated by inactivity of solving VM problems with spam Mail).

I cannot access my email either on ‘virginmedia.com’ (message “Sorry! Your mailbox is not available at the moment”) or through my iPhone13Pro (how I carry out ALL my business) even after deleting and adding email account again. 😤

Can someone please get this sorted for me once and for all - my elderly father recently passed away and as I’m handling his estate need access to important emails from a variety of sources. Absolutely shocking from VM tbh!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Good morning everyone!

new morning however same old problem with VM email (even after changing password eventually still no access to email AT ALL).

I contacted Executive Team last month by email and got resolution all be it temporary, however, as I cannot access my emails, can’t find email address - anyone provide for me please?

I need access to this email address as I’m dealing with my late fathers estate - I will be using my Gmail address in due course for further correspondence (not had one problem with spam or phishing with that!!!). Is it too much to expect VM to provide that service for their customers??

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi prettyp62

Thanks for posting. Condolences from all at Virgin Media.

Please can you try changing the password to something new, unique never used before. Also run malware scans on all your devices. Leave it for 30 minutes and then retry the email.

Let me know how you get on.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Hi John

thank you so much for your reply.

I cannot change the password as I cannot access email at all (note the previous message info).

as I only have access to a new iPhone 13pro, Apple have their own security patches within their iOS.

this happened last month and as I said I contacted VM executive and it seemed to be fixed however this is the second time it’s happened in the last few weeks. My email is an ‘ntlworld.com’ account therefore it may have been ‘spammed’ as I received a lot of ‘phishing’ emails so VM system would lock me out because I was diligent enough to forward these phishing emails to the ‘report@gov’ website, and also VM Executive realised my ‘settings’ were incorrect. There seems to be an internal problem within VM handling of spam.

any other ideas??

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@prettyp62  The password change process does not need access to the email account.  It is done through the primary My Virgin Media account by following these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham

Thanks for your time - yeah tried also through ‘my profile’

Updated message now

’essential maintenance being carried out - if email ends in ‘ntlworld.com click here’

then takes me to screen with message ‘Sorry, mailbox isn’t available……. blah, blah, blah’

VM need to get this sorted as I’m sure I’m not the ONLY customer who has this problem - this community forum proves that!!

Will check again in morning (expecting some important documents from solicitor).

kind regards

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Good morning everyone!

new morning however same old problem with VM email (even after changing password eventually still no access to email AT ALL).

I contacted Executive Team last month by email and got resolution all be it temporary, however, as I cannot access my emails, can’t find email address - anyone provide for me please?

I need access to this email address as I’m dealing with my late fathers estate - I will be using my Gmail address in due course for further correspondence (not had one problem with spam or phishing with that!!!). Is it too much to expect VM to provide that service for their customers??

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Quick update!

Another attempt to access VM email on their website and iPhone email app (which manages all my email accounts collectively) and can report that I can now access both - but for how long this time?? Keep you posted.

Thanks for all who assisted.

regards

did all that yesterday still no email so get it sorted

Hi MJT2,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you still don't have access after trying the above, it can take a couple of try's, please make sure the password is totally different to ones used previously?

Regards

Paul.