cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

khls15995
On our wavelength

I've just called 150 as I have the same problem and they said that there has been some 'suspicious activity'!  The support guy suggested I change my password to see if that works.

We shall see.

9 REPLIES 9

khls15995
On our wavelength
Same here, mine stopped working yesterday. I'm glad I'm not the only one. There must be others with the same problem. I can't even sign into my emails using the online portal.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @khls15995,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. What happens when you try to access your email service exactly? Are you doing this via the webmail platform on our website, or are you using a third party mail client/app?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes, when it says you mailbox is unavailable and to try in an hour, that has indicated to me that your account was locked/disabled.

Happened to me the other week and again today.
Fortunately I recognised the signs, so did not wait, but contacted Virging and ths time my account was disabled not locked, but the end result is the same to the customer.

happened again today, though not locked or disabled?

Support person said their instrauctions are to change the password and ask the poor customer to wait 10 minutes.??
Presumably they cannot update the system directly?

Having seen even more mail not available posts on this forum, this is getting beyond a joke?

Well after 20 minutes, the mail is still not working.

So I went into my account to change the password myself.

Guess what, they are going to send a confirmation email to me?

If anyone needs a temp password to change it to, I am using U5ele55NTL as Virgin1234 does not seem to work?

Hi WelshGasman, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue accessing your mailbox. 

I appreciate you've already tried a password change but please follow the steps laid out in this thread here. Make sure the password you choose is something completely new and nothing you've used before. 

Once you've done that, wait an hour and see if you can log in. If you're still unable to, or have any further issues, just let us know by posting back here. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kathy,

My change of password allowed me back in to my account.
My comment was on the fact that VM send a confirmation email of change of password, which is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, if the email account remains locked?

Fortunately in my case, I was then able to access my account.

I have been posting all three permutations of being locked out as I have experienced them, to others in the same boat, in the hope that one of them will help them, as support from VM appears to be sadly lacking. 😞

I understand that you and the rest of the VM team are doing your best with what you are allowed to do, and due to this complete fiasco are just getting more and more enquiries, to which you can only give the same stock answer, but this sorry affair has been handled badly, just creating more work for VM staff.
I would hazard a guess that those that come here are just the tip of the iceberg? 😞

khls15995
On our wavelength

Thank you very much for getting back to me.  Sorry for not responding sooner.

This isn't the first time it's happened.  Apparently it's my inbox that's being compromised so I simply change my password and it's all good... for a while at least.  I think it's a matter of changing your password every so often which I never used to do.

Thanks again.

Hi @khls15995,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear you've been able to sort this out to re-access your email account.

Please do let us know if there's anything more we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!