cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why, oh why?

RickyBranston
Joining in

Just had the exact same thing and no idea why.

Every year our email goes down for some reason or another, usually for some problem between primary and secondary accounts that we have no idea about. 

I love how it says here "email me when someone replies". How will we know!!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM RickyBranston

Just to update the thread, the email issue was sorted 🙂

If you do need anything in the future, please do pop us a public post and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Kind regards

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RickyBranston wrote:

Just had the exact same thing and no idea why

I love how it says here "email me when someone replies". How will we know!!?

Set your Community contact email address to an alternate one via your profile page.

It is a bad idea to rely on a single email address provided free by an ISP.

A non ISP email address can be easily set up with free providers such as MS Outlook and Google Gmail. There are other options available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham. I have no idea what you just said though! I have been looking at our account page and can’t even find Manage Accounts or a community contact email. 

I just need to get back into our emails. Several elderly people rely on us for support and will be worried when they don’t get replies from us. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RickyBranston 

If you are getting a mailbox unavailable message then try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

Wait at least 30 minutes after changing the password before trying to log into the email address concerned.

You can change your virgin media community contact address by clicking on your profile name and selecting the edit profile option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham, I have changed the email for this form to an iCloud one. 🙂

I sadly have no idea what I am doing when it comes to the other page. I have been looking at the advice in the link you posted but am having trouble: when the page opens it tells me I am using a secondary account. I try My Profile and My Account but can’t find Manage Accounts anywhere or where to change my password to the specific email that we can’t access. 

Somewhere along the line, Virgin requested another email to use as the main account, I assume, and we gave them the iCloud one. I can only find this one to change now, and not the ntlworld one we are having trouble with. 

Thanks for your help! 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be able to check the primary username via this link, select the forgot username option.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

It may be that the Ntlworld address has become orphaned from the main account.  I think that the VM Forum Team staff will need to contact you via Private message to investigate further for you.  They will respond here in due course.

Thanks again — yes, I was just mooching around and just found that login problems page! 

It sounds like the orphaned account thing again, which we seem to have once a year for some reason (even though every time they sort it out we’re told it won’t happen again!). 

Will the VM team automatically get in touch now that you’ve raised this, or do we need to do anything else? 

And us it worth me trying to look at the primary account and changing passwords at this point, or might that screw up things even more before they can look at it? 

Massive thanks — Covid depression has got the better of us this week so it feels even worse to be out of contact with people…!

THANKS. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RickyBranston  The is now on the Forum Team priority queue so you don't do anything else in that regard.

Certainly worth a look at the primary account and changing the password whilst waiting.  They will probably ask you to do that anyway.

I sympathise re Covid depression, despite all the 'life must go one' mantra from the government the pandemic is still a genuine worry and concern for many.  Best wishes.

Thanks Graham. 

We had been shielding as vulnerable people and feel so cut off at the moment. We hate all this talk of the pandemic being "over" and too many restrictions being eased, like today taking all those countries off the travel watch list just as we hit 40,000 cases a day again. And when did it go from "every life matters" to 150 a day is perfectly acceptable? 

Sorry, not the time or place! We will wait for a VM team person to contact us…will they do that on the same community/primary account email? 

I will attempt to change that password now… 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They will respond to this thread.

Understand the extremely vulnerable concerns completely.