cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin.net

Simmone
Joining in

I have the same problem as many others. I have a Virgin.net email address for over 20 years and its now not working and support is not helping me and keep referring me to Talk Talk who know nothing. Come on Virgin please give me support and a contact number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Simmone and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

The email support should be given by ourselves and I'm not sure why agents keep telling customers this, I will be sure to feed this back to the team.

Have you been asked to change your password via your online account?

If not, please can you try this and let me know if lets you back in?

If this doesn't help, please can you let us know the error message that you get, when trying to log in.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Simmone and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

The email support should be given by ourselves and I'm not sure why agents keep telling customers this, I will be sure to feed this back to the team.

Have you been asked to change your password via your online account?

If not, please can you try this and let me know if lets you back in?

If this doesn't help, please can you let us know the error message that you get, when trying to log in.

Regards,

Steven_L

No good change left password but I can only send mail and not receive . Can I have a contact number of someone very technical that can help?

Sorry My English is bad what I meant to say is I did change my password successfully however I can only send emails and not receive any I still get him the message saying no password. Please can someone contact me or please can you give me the telephone number of someone very technical in your support.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Is this via webmail, client or both that you're having this receiving email issue? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@Simmone firstly, your English is perfectly OK, in fact better than some people I know who are English!

Let’s get a few things sorted out, are you a current Virgin Media broadband customer? If you are then if you go to my.virginmedia.com website, are you able to log into it with your main account details? If you can then can you see if the Virgin.net email address is properly associated with the broadband account? I think you’ll find this under the profile settings

John 

its not via web mail its via IMAP that we are use to access. Does [Removed] still exist please check it out.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Or you could just answer the question(s) I asked, or not; depending on how anxious you are to get you email back!

My virgin.net email is not associated to my virgin media account nor has it ever been,

Looking on social media I see that you have problems with many users not accessing their virgin.net accounts.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If not associated with a Broadband account then the email would have been associated with the dial up service.  Virgin.net emails weren't given out without being part of an internet account - Typically Dial up or ADSL (although if customers were in broadband area's they could get the email associated with a broadband account.

The only problem Virgin Media have with such emails are down to the fact that users signed up to the T&C's without actuallly reading them.

VM's T&C's currently state that any customer who no longer has an internet account will lose their emails.

Any email accounts associated with Dial up shoud have automatically closed when the dial up service did.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks