cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Verification emails

Peterfrustrated
Joining in

I  am  having the same issue as are a number of my friends on virgin media . It is an issue that needs resolving quickly . i phoned the call centre they were unable to help apart to inform techinical team I suspect . It is an issue their end . i am not recieving vericaton codes form microsoft fine on gmail but my virgin email is related to my microsoft accounts . Please get this sorted ,

22 REPLIES 22

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Peterfrustrated,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your Email.

Please can you try resetting your password? And changing your security word?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Its an not a local issue its a external  problem . The verication emails come 5 hours our so later in the middle of the  night last night about 2pm  all at once . I have had to use a different email service as I require access to microsoft account for work . If you use another email provider such as Gmail the microsoft verication codes arrive immeadiately . I created some new virgin emails same result before switching to different service  the new emails resulted in the same issue long delays  this has been happening for 4 days plus  . May be the servers  are filtering out emails they wrongly believe are fraudalent . Its amazing how a small thing can blow your mind I have moved on  now may be your techinacal time could sort this out its not the service we pay for ......I am out of contract at present ,

Cheers

Peter

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Peterfrustrated,

Can you give us some more info, is it all verification emails? Or is it just certain ones?

Zoie

Its just Microsoft verication as when you create a new microsoft account make changes such as setting up teams All other emails seem ok its the same on all devices even when router is off . Ive had to stop using virgin and use Gmail.Can you disuss wuth your IT engineers.Someone else posted with simalar problem last week

Cheers

Peter

Is there any progress there is one account I need access to urgently i cannot proceed without a verification email to a virgin medial email . i tried again this morning still unable to receive verification email without long delays . please advise on measures you are making ,

Cheers

Peter  

Thanks for coming back to us @Peterfrustrated.

The emails that aren't coming through is this via webmail or using an email client?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steve the do come through eventually often many hours later wether it on my phone chromebook or Mac .I use virgin media for email I use Mozilla. On Windows. Bluemail on chromebook and its an Android om my phone The text verications are

Instant its only the microsoft verication emails to confirm changes to the microsoft acccont. I also set up new emails on virgin with same result.Cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

I have reached out to see if this is a known issue and if there are any fixes in place, once I hear anything I will come back to you.

Regards

Paul.

Thank you😇