cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Username/ password not recognised

Meganp
Joining in

Hi

ive been having the same issue. I have an ntlworld email account and all of a sudden when I try to login it says my username/password is not recognised even though I haven’t changed any of the details. I am able to get access to my email via the set up email link on my phone but cannot via actually trying to login to the account.

really need some help as has document and links I can’t access via my phone and need to get to via pc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

8 REPLIES 8

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Meganp,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having a bit of trouble accessing your email account. Are you able to sign into your My Virgin Media online account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No nothing at all

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Are you still a Virginmedia broadband customer as if you are not then normally the email accounts are deleted after 90 days of leaving (as per the T&C) although some do stay around for a lot longer ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply @Meganp.

As @DJ_Shadow1966 asked, are you still a Virgin Media broadband customer at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L

bradsweb
Dialled in

This has just suddenly happened to me whilst in the midst of receiving/forwarding/sending emails this morning on my iPad. I am unable to access my email account via any means, and have had varying error messages, including:

“The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.”

Then later, after a number of attempts:  “Your e-mail account @[REMOVED@ntlworld.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again.”

I definitely did not alter any password or login data.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

@bradsweb And the same question to you as was asked to the original thread starter; 'are you a current VM broadband customer?'. If you are then you should be able to log into the my.virginmedia.com portal and reset the password for the email account via the instructions in this link.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Thank you Jem101, that worked a treat. Now sorted!

Thanks for the update bradsweb and we're please to see the advice offered by jem101 has helped resolve the issue.

If you need anything again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us here.

Rob